Entries for 2014 now closed. Next round of applications opens June 2015.
The Art Gallery of NSW awards the Dyason Bequest to an Australian art student who has already won a travelling scholarship, to assist with the cost of overseas travel. This enables the recipient to better study architecture, sculpture or painting in countries other than Australia or New Zealand.
The grant is offered Australia-wide, and the funding is up to $5000. A condition of entry is that the applicant has already been awarded a competitive travelling scholarship.
- The bequest is for an amount of up to $5000 to support the award of a separate scholarship to study in a county other than Australia or New Zealand.
- Successful applicants must submit a two-page report detailing the outcomes of their study no later than one month after completion.
1. The scholarship is open to Australian students currently enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in fine or visual arts, art history, curatorship, museum studies or a related discipline.
2. Applicants must have already been awarded a travelling scholarship to a country other than Australia or New Zealand, to be undertaken in 2015.
3. Applicants must submit a proposal outlining the scholarship already awarded to the applicant, including any particular projects being pursued and intended scholarship outcomes. Proposals should be no more than one page.
4. Applicants must submit a draft budget outlining expected expenses, demonstrating how the Dyason Bequest will support their study.
5. All applicants must complete the application form and include a current CV.
How to apply
Please post your completed application form, project proposal, budget and current CV by 5pm Sunday 31 August 2014 to:
Scholarships, Internships and Prizes
Attn: Andrew Yip
Art Gallery of New South Wales
Art Gallery Road, The Domain Sydney NSW 2000
Or deliver in person to reception at the Art Gallery of NSW by 5pm 31 August 2014 addressed as above. Applications post-marked 31 August 2014 will also be accepted given they arrive within seven days from the closing date.
Download application form (PDF 119.8 KB)
1. The winner will be notified in September 2014.
2. The scholarship is judged by Gallery staff.
3. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.