Applications will open July 2016. Updated information available closer to that date.
The Art Gallery of NSW awards the Dyason Bequest to an Australian art student who has already won a travelling scholarship, to assist with the cost of overseas travel. This enables the recipient to better study architecture, sculpture or painting in countries other than Australia or New Zealand.
The grant is offered Australia-wide, and the funding is up to $5000. A condition of entry is that the applicant has already been awarded a competitive travelling scholarship.
- The bequest is for an amount of up to $5000 to support the award of a separate scholarship to study in a county other than Australia or New Zealand.
- Successful applicants must submit a two-page report detailing the outcomes of their study no later than one month after completion.
1. The scholarship is open to Australian students currently enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in fine or visual arts, art history, curatorship, museum studies or a related discipline.
2. Applicants must have already been awarded a travelling scholarship to a country other than Australia or New Zealand, to be undertaken in 2016.
3. Applicants must submit a proposal outlining the scholarship already awarded to the applicant, including any particular projects being pursued and intended scholarship outcomes. Proposals should be no more than one page.
4. Applicants must submit a draft budget outlining expected expenses, demonstrating how the Dyason Bequest will support their study.
5. Applicants must submit up to eight JPEG images of recent work. The images must be formatted into a PowerPoint presentation and burnt to a CD. Format as a landscape presentation, with each slide featuring one image, centred on a white background with the caption underneath (title, date, medium and size). Please make the first slide your name only. A downloadable PowerPoint template is available for your reference. Save your presentation in the following format: ‘SURNAME_Firstname_2015’
For multimedia works, applicants may submit up to two separate MPEG files or link to online content. One video should be no more than two minutes.
6. All applicants must complete the application form and include a current CV.
How to apply
Please post your completed application form, project proposal, budget and current CV by 5pm Friday 16 October 2015 to:
Scholarships, Internships and Prizes
c/o Yuki Kawakami
Art Gallery of New South Wales
Art Gallery Road, The Domain Sydney NSW 2000
Or deliver in person to reception at the Art Gallery of NSW by 5pm Friday 16 October 2015 addressed as above. Applications post-marked Friday 16 October 2015 will also be accepted given they arrive within seven days from the closing date.
Download application form (PDF 158.1 KB)
Download PowerPoint template (POT 102.5 KB)
1. The winner will be notified in November 2015.
2. The scholarship is judged by Gallery staff.
3. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.